Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Great Opportunity for Professional Development

If you're like me, you are always looking for professional development opportunities that are affordable, convenient, and applicable to your job. Look no further than Robert Morris University's Bayer Center for Non Profit Management.

I can vouch for their claim that they are a "comprehensive resource for education, consulting, coaching, research, and hands-on solutions for every aspect of nonprofit management," as I have attended and enjoyed two of their great sessions so far.

They offer courses in a wide variety of topics including leadership and management, marketing, fundraising, board governance, and technology (including Dreamweaver and web design clinics). They can even create a custom session just for you! The best part of all is the prices...most courses run about $40-$65 for a half-day session.

Believe me, it's worth the small investment. I was able to attended a private, one-on-one session with an instructor to build the Whitehall Children's Library website from scratch for only $50! Although I'm sure I've "junked up" all of the coding over the years, I think it still looks great!

So take a look at the course catalog if you're looking for opportunities outside of the library with instructors that understand the needs of nonprofits while offering new perspectives to library services.

0 comments: