Sunday, October 16, 2011

Khan Academy - Great Resource to Know About

Have you heard of Khan Academy?  A few months ago, on my short drive into work, I heard an NPR story about a website that is possibly revolutionizing education, at least remote-education.  The site's videos are all free (huzzah!) and are attracting teachers, students the content is even making its way into official math curricula.

But Khan has grown to much more than just math and is attracting an audience much larger than just kids struggling in math classes.  I think it's this exact kind of resource we should be promoting on our library websites, in person to our patrons and families and eventually, in our NextGen catalog!

Here's a sample video on the Geithner Plan (which I didn't think I could really understand until I watched it!)


0 comments: