Thursday, May 19, 2011

5 Quick Book Recommendations

I've been reading a lot of books lately, trying to collect ideas for this summer's theme, "One World, Many Stories."  In today's video post, I wanted to share five good stories about diverse people and places.


If any of these sound interesting to you, check them out in the ACLA catalog:

1. Bad News for Outlaws: The Remarkable Life of Bass Reeves, Deputy U.S. Marshal by Vaunda Micheaux Nelson with illustrations by R. Gregory Christie
4. She Loved Baseball: The Effa Manley Story by Audrey Vernick with illustrations by Don Tate
5. The Fantastic Adventures of Baron Munchausen: Traditional and Newly Discovered Tales of Karl Friedrich Hieronymus von Munchausen by Heinz Janish with illustrations by Aljoscha Blau and translated by Belinda Cooper

And please feel free to share your "One World, Many Stories" book recommendations here!  

-- Rebekah

4 comments:

rebekah said...

I apologize for the poor video quality -- it was an experiment with my computer's webcam, which is definitely inferior to the Flipcam.

Kelley B said...

This is GREAT, Rebekah!! I think it looks wonderful!

literaryfriendships said...

Hey there, Rebekah. I loved hearing you talk about my book, SHE LOVED BASEBALL. Great job, and thanks!

Anonymous said...

phone number lookup