Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Not-So-Crafty Valentine

One of my favorite things about Valentines Day is chocolate...and I suppose the other is handmade cards.  While there is such a wide variety of Valentine inspiration available, sometimes it is nice to have a simple alternative for children who are not as comfortable expressing their artistic selves.  One of my favorite resources for the reluctant artist are the Ed Emberley art books.  They present step by step instructions for those of us who need a little more artistic guidance, and often result in really cute, simplistic final product.  I absolutely love the fingerprint art books, Ed Emberley's Fingerprint Drawing Book  and Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book, and encourage you to check out the Valentines options.  I've posted some cute examples below, so if you are looking for inexpensive and adorable ideas for younger children, consider giving these a try!


0 comments: