Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Book Review: 13 Words

 
In a brilliant collaboration between two fanciful artists, author Lemony Snickett and illustrator Maira Kalman work together to tell a story of friendship using what one author calls "a collection of the most essential words of all time."  If you're curious like me, then you probably want to know, which words?  Well, I could tell you now, but then I might give the plot away.  Actually, just knowing the words won't reveal much, since the story invites the reader to make the connections between language and images.  If you want to see what I mean, and if you're not afraid of a little spoiler, please enjoy this very delightful book trailer.

To be honest, I have not yet read this book, but I am so excited because 13 Words release date is TODAY.  So if you know people who like books that reviewers describe as "quirky," "fanciful," and "charming," then I highly recommend recommending this book!


-- Rebekah

1 comments:

Dissertation Writing Help said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.