Thursday, September 16, 2010

Meet Rebekah!

Hello! My name is Rebekah Wallin, and I'm one of the new youth services interns for 2010-2011 here at ACLA. I graduated from Grove City College with a B.A. in English, and I've always loved reading books. Some of my oldest favorites are The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and A Wrinkle in Time. Mostly I just love stories, so I am also a big fan of things like StoryCorps and This American Life.

When I'm not reading, I enjoy blues music, trees, beach volleyball, Rainbow sandals, and warm beverages of all kinds (e.g. coffee, tea, hot cocoa). I like to eat all kinds of food, especially unique local delicacies. I also like to travel and explore new places. A few summers ago, my husband and I drove across the country in a minivan on an epic American road trip.

I'm excited to start the MLIS program at Pitt this fall, and I'm even more excited that I have this opportunity to work as an intern with Kelley and ACLA. I am interested in learning about many different aspects of the role of public libraries, including libraries as a "third place" in a community, the impact of new technologies on user/library interactions, and how to support childrens' literacy in urban and low income neighborhoods. I'm looking forward to working with and learning from all of you!


0 comments: