Monday, March 15, 2010

One Book One Community


As you may or may not know, this year's One Book One Community title for Pittsburgh is Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail.  Lovely book - one of my favorites.  In fact, I have fond memories of listening to the audio book in my car during my 13-hour drive to Vermont by myself in 2004.  I loved it so much I bought it.  It's hilarious!  He combines readable history of the Appalachian Trail with his own experiences with and without his college-pal, Katz walking different parts of the trail.  It's full of fun facts and giggle-inspiring moments on the trail in winter, summer and every kind of weather in-between.  It's an adult title, and there's no comparable children's title this year, but your libraries will hopefully be hosting programs and book discussions during the month of April celebrating this great book and nature, ecology and all things outside!  Join in the fun!  The blog, the website and the book itself in our catalog.

0 comments: