Monday, March 22, 2010

2012 Newbery Committee


 Last fall, I got an exciting phone call from the great Kathleen Horning (whose new book, From Cover to Cover: Evaluating and Reviewing Children's Books, revised edition will be out late April) asking if I'd run for a spot on the 2012 Newbery Committee.  Needless to say, I was pretty speechless and thrilled.  And of course, I said I'd love to.  I have a strong writing, editing and literature background in my pre-librarian life so it'd be exciting to bring all of that to the table. 

There are 16 candidates and only 8 spots.  If you're an ALA and an ALSC member, you've gotten an email to vote for all kinds of committees (as well as the new ALSC and ALA presidents) so if you're inclined, check the box next to my name.  I'd love to represent Allegheny County in 2012!

1 comments:

sam leopold said...

hi....before you officially get elected, can you tell me a few titles that are being released this year that you think we should definitely keep an eye on??

thank you and good luck