Friday, February 12, 2010

Wordle and a Snapshot of This Blog

There's a cool web-based tool called Wordle that allows you to create a kind of picto-gram/snapshot of a website.  It's cool because it gives you a feel for what that website is about.  It'd be great to try it out with your EventKeeper or website.  Here's an example of what I got when I submitted this blog:

Now here's one for one of my favorite children's books blogs, Jen Robinson's Book Page:
And here's Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh's Eleventh Stack Blog:
 
It's interesting to see what comes up most - as the size of the word corresponds with its frequency.  

You can also paste a bunch of text in as well as plugging in a link.  Another cool tool to help your marketing pop!

2 comments:

Leigh Anne Vrabel said...

Wow, thanks for doing that Kelley! It's cute - it looks like a little fish!

Wordle's awesome.

LAV

Erin the Librarian said...

It does look like a little fish. I think I'll need to incorporate a woordle into my summer reading blog. (I'm just doing and I'll apologize later if I have to)