Thursday, January 14, 2010

Exploring the Art of Storytelling: Part 2

Hi All!  I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful (and uncharacteristically!) sunny day here in frosty Pittsburgh.  In December, I blogged about storyteller Dovie Thomason.  Upon learning more about Thomason, I decided I really wanted to listen to some of her stories.  Recently, I had the opportunity to do just this!  I enjoyed every minute of the listening experience.  The stories I listened to from the collection Lessons from the Animal People, were both fun to listen to and thought-provoking, a great pick for audiences of all ages. 
















Also, Mary Morgan Smith from Northland Public Library has said that Thomason is a favorite at the Three Rivers Storytelling Festival, held each August.  I can't wait to listen to all the great storytellers at the festival this summer!!!

:)

0 comments: