Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Need Ideas for Christmas Gifts?

Around this time of the Christmas season, I know many people who have not finished their shopping are in panic mode.  What do I get my kids, the neighbors kids, my kids' friends, my friends' kids, etc. The clock is ticking, and Christmas will soon be here!!





Yet, fear not! Have you thought of getting the child in your life a good book or book-themed gift for Christmas? There are many good books that can be given as gifts that will be enjoyed for years to come by children of all ages. First, I will give you some specific titles that are some of my favorite children's books, then will provide you with some links of booklists for Christmas gifts.

My Picks:
  • Harry Potter Series- Where can you go wrong with J.K. Rowling's monster hit?  Get a younger child on the Harry Potter bandwagon by giving them the first book for Christmas.  If you know a child that loves the series, buy them the box set.
  • The Berenstain Bears series- Any of these books are good for kids ages 5 to 9.  I loved them as a child, and still do today.  Not only are they entertaining, but they teach excellent lessons.
  • Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch- This is my absolute favorite book, and an excellent read-aloud for kids and adults. A great gift for the whole family.
  • The Witness by Robert Westall- An excellent book for Christian families, this book tells the story of a cat who witnesses the birth of Christ.  Beautiful illustrations bring the story to life.


Awesome Links:

    0 comments: