Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Review: Kelley Style


Most of you know that I'm a big fan of Silly.  Anything silly is good in my book.  So any books with silly in them, I'm a big fan of.  Duck Rabbit by Amy Krouse Rosenthal fits the bill!  Here's where Amy and Evan come in.  I'm starting to spend a whole lotta time with my good friend Amy's son, Evan.  Here he is:


Since he's been kept pretty far away from TV - he's got an amazing attention span for books.  This warms my librarian-heart.  So not only do I often bring books with me when I see him, I'm constantly putting books on hold for Amy to bring home to him from the library.  (I should start charging for that service!) Duck Rabbit is exactly the type of book Evan and I would bust out giggling over.  It takes a well-known optical illusion and creates a friendly (and very silly) battle between unseen narrators about the picture.  I could see it being a pretty fun storytime!  You know that hard, deep belly laugh?  That's what Evan and I will be doing when we read this one together.

0 comments: