Sunday, June 21, 2009

Shelf Discovery


Ok, so this may not really be for the children, but I wanted to tell everyone about a book I'm incredibly excited for - Shelf Discovery by Lizzie Skurnick. It's a collection of essays about classic teen/YA books, and I suspect any librarian who works with kids/teens will very much appreciate the walk down memory lane. I've been following Lizzie's Fine Lines column, which formed the basis of the book, since it's inception and I can't wait to see what other books receive her hilarious treatment. Her essays are supplmented with a few guest appearances from popular YA authors (including Meg Cabot).

Shelf Discovery was recently reviewed in Library Journal, which gave it very high marks, and can also be found on Facebook. It will be released in late July, so be on the lookout!

0 comments: