Saturday, February 7, 2009

Valentine's Day Roundup


I've never really been a huge fan of valentine's day; as a kid I dreaded filling out my valentines with painstaking care to be sure that no boys got one that was even remotely romantic or suggestive (also, my mom would never buy me the awesome ones that came with candy). I must confess that I was the lucky girl in high school and college who always had a boyfriend around at valentine's day, but I could never get past the feeling that we were supposed to be doing something fun and special to the point where we actually were. Despite my miserly-ness, the holiday is coming up and I've decided to embrace my inner romantic and provide you all with links to some fun, v-day themed crafts and booklists for you all to use!


Booklists:
Horn Book Special Edition: Love Stories
Infosoup Book and DVD List, compiled by the Appleton Public Library
Preschool list on Amazon, compiled by Vanessa Levin


Crafts:
Tic-Tac-Toe Hearts, from alphamom.com
Free printable Paper Crafts from makingfriends.com
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids from kaboose.com


And for the grown-ups and grinches like myself, some Anti-Valentines Day Crafts from craftster!

1 comments:

Kelley said...

Nice selection of resources! V-Day is always a tricky one - I always felt everyone was having more fun that me (still do!) This year, we're planning on staying in, cooking together and making chocolate fondue!