Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Give the gift of reading


I have been pondering about what to buy my friends for Christmas this year. As I continued to see more libraries and meet new librarians through my awesome internship, an idea finally came to me! I could design holiday cards for my friends and suggest some books they should read. Since I’m a graduate student on a tight budget, I decided that I could find out the closes library to each of my friends, since many of them have relocated this past year, then recommend a few books they should check out! As I started this project, I looked at the bestsellers in the New York Times. I also looked on Goodread’s popular lists, it also crossed my mind that I should let my friends know about Goodreads. Then they can see what everyone else is reading because I’m not sure if they are too interested in all the YA books that I have been reading lately! Goodreads also has a new list for December - check it out and let me know what you think of my idea and how I could improve it.

0 comments: