Thursday, September 11, 2008

How Young is TOO Young?

While I was working in the schools during my undergrad experience, I met with caregivers who were grandparents of a child in my class, they were against allowing their 6th grader to be online. I remembered being one of the first kids to have my own e-mail account and a S/N on aim in my area. These online tools helped me keep in touch with a friend who had moved to Tennessee. I also found the internet so helpful with school projects. The computer was stationed in my father's office and I believe my parents just trusted me to "make good choices" while I was using the computer. It really became my gateway for communcation especially when I moved during highschool. It does shock me though to read an article such as this one:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/fashion/11Tots.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

0 comments: