Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dreaming Again

So, it's been a dream of mine for several years now to be involved with designing a children's department and since there's no chance of that happening anytime soon, sometimes I soothe myself by looking at pictures of some of our contacts on Flickr. For example, Worthington Public Libraries (in Ohio, also where last year's intern, Mandy Knapp works!) just did some renovation and of course, I'm drooling and swooning. Take this picture:
















I love how there are 2 chairs set up in front so children/parents can sit down, have a chat, get some help from the masterful librarian. Do you any of you have that setup? I'm lovin' it. I think appropriating space so that we have more interaction possibilities is lovely. I know so many times when I was younger I would have felt infinitely more comfortable asking questions or stopping the librarian when I was confused if I was sitting down. Just something about taking a seat and feeling like you can stay a minute or two.

0 comments: