Monday, August 11, 2008

Oprah Recommends Books for Kids

















Oprah now has book lists for kids! The list was compiled by the ALSC Quicklists Consulting Committee so it's librarian-approved! We know how much power Oprah has so I'm interested to see how this affects children's reading habits. I know her book club has changed the reading habits of women all over (and some men, I'm sure!) The link takes you to her lists and there's also a great handful of tips for parents. We know lots of people love and respect Oprah so this is good news for librarians and teachers!

2 comments:

adaena said...

Oprah looks like she's saying, "I went to Primanti's over the weekend and I got a sandwich with fries and coleslaw on it...that sucker was THIS big!"

Kelley said...

I Know - that was a funny pic and I had to post it! NO idea its context but I think you're pretty close!! HA!