Tuesday, June 10, 2008

While I Wasn't Tagged, I Feel Left Out

There's a fun game spreading out through the blogosphere, but because I'm still trying to connect with the in-crowd, I haven't been tagged - but I want to participate! (whine whine) So here I go, uninvited!

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read the player's blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?

5 years ago....I was unemployed in 2003 after having been laid off from CLP-Knoxville where I was a Library Assistant and I was working part-time at the Dormont Public Library (where I also worked as a page in high school!) in their computer lab teaching classes and answering low-tech questions. I was pretty disillusioned and poor at that time too. Not my best year!

What are five things on your to-do list for today?

1. attend a meeting with the National Fatherhood Institute and Read365!
2. work on the fall intern binders
3. cook tomorrow's dinner since I have a meeting appointment (I'm making 5 spice turkey lettuce wraps!)
4. play a little with evanced software
5. read this month's SLJ

What are five snacks you enjoy?

1. sliced red peppers
2. trail mix (with chocolate!)
3. sun chips
4. pita and hummus
5. wheat thins

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?

1. pay off my student loans and the loans
2. buy a house in the south side slopes
3. buy a summer house at lake michigan
4. put money away for my parents' health care
5. travel to Italy, Greece, Russia and Vietnam

What are five of your bad habits?

1. leaving things out then getting angry when Maki leaves things out
2. being too influenced by what others think
3. not going to the gym on a regular basis
4. shopping!
5. not saving money

What are five places you've lived?

1. Burlington, VT (grad school)
2. South Bend, IN (grad school)
3. Highland Park, PA (fun single girl time!)
4. Sewickley, PA (more fun single girl time in a great neighborhood)
5. SassSide Slopes, PA

What are five jobs you've had?

1. page at Dormont Library
2. Art Professor assistant, Carlow University
3. Nanny
4. Serials Cataloger, Hesburgh Library, University of Notre Dame
5. Teen Librarian



And here's an addition: Favorite Authors Meme:

1. Who’s your favorite all-time author, and why?
Anne Tyler - she writes books that make me want to read all the days of my life. She writes stories that are specific in their detail and big in heart.

2.Who was your first favorite author, and why?

I read everything that L.M. Montgomery wrote all during Jr. High. I ate her up! Still love her books and reread some each summer.

3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
I'd say Nicholson Baker - I read 2 of his books several years ago, another one last year and am reading 'The Mezzanine' right now and realize I like everything he's done.

4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, what would pop out of your mouth?

Naomi Shihab Nye, Anne Sexton, Anne Lamott, Anne Tyler, Donald Hall, Jane Kenyon, Sylvia Plath....

0 comments: