Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards

They were announced recently and here they are:
  • Nonfiction: The Wall by Peter Sis (I read this one and it was fantastic and moving!)
  • Fiction and Poetry: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (I have long been a fan of Alexie so I loved this one, but wasn't sure if I was just biased!)
  • Picture Book: At Night by Jonathan Bean (when looking for picture books about going to sleep, I found this one, via a recommendation by Tess Reismeyer, and fell in love with it. I even recommended it on our spot on KDKA and recall Tess saying how nice it was to see a picture book with a child living in an urban setting.)
  • Special Citation: The Arrival by Shaun Tan (haven't gotten to this one yet, but I've read tons of rave reviews about it.)
There are also 2 honor books noted per category. See those here.

0 comments: